Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Coldplay for life

Hey All! You know, very little do we know about ourselves. They say (Whoever the 'they' might be) that the music you like describes your personality. I love music (who doesn't? Well you'll be surprised ) and it's the one force that sets me free. No matter what the situation. Depressed, sad, happy, high (erm whatever), low, cranky, moody, angry or bummed. So back to the point .. People tend to like a band for a long stretch of time and then suddenly not like it anymore. Nope!! Not the case with me (some bands yeah!) COLDPLAY is one band I can relate with so much.

I have been listening to the band since high school (trust me, the city I am from you'll be surprised to know how things are) it only grew in me in college, so far it still is the most awesome band ever. Coldplay is a British Alternative rock band and .. (yeah everyone who's a pal know's how I have this thing for English men!) they're bloody geniuses. Chris Martin who is also the lead vocalist has the voice of an enchanter (Damn, his wife is so lucky!) Jonny Buckland is the lead guitarist (what an innovator), Guy Berryman the bassist and ofcourse Will Champion the drummer. These guys are the most insane people ever (cuz they make music you can listen to over and over ..)

People say Coldplay is a band that always whines or is sad or listen to it when you're low (If you're one of them, get a LIFE). They are one of the most innovative bands ever. Their song "Yellow" has always made me smile, the way they use their creativity in music, notes and pitches is phenomenal. "Look at the stars, Look how they shine for you, and everything you do, it was all Yellow" .... They've had amazing songs namely Scientist, Speed of Sound, High Speed, Yellow, Viva la Vida, Trouble, fix you, lost, lovers in Japan, Shiver, life in technicolor .. I could go on .. Trouble is another amazing song, gives you some sort of motivation when you need some. Their rock can take you into a trance state! They not only concentrate on lyrics, but they take time to create brilliant music.

This band by far has been the most innovative band and for what it's worth here's what they've achieved over the years (for all you anti-Coldplay weirdos) Coldplay has won SIX Brit awards, 4 MTV Vma's (Video Music Awards) and here's the big one Seven Grammy Awards from 20 nominations. Their latest album is out now .. Mylo Xyloto which is in the awesome list again. "Paradise" is their new single (OMG its awesome).

Coldplay has sold over 50 million records worldwide! :P And I'll be a Coldplay fan for life! All I can say is .. Music by them is served with a dash of excellence.

Peace 
xoxoxo

7 comments:

  1. lyrics and melodies of coldplay wat it makes different from rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what, when I opened the link to this blog, in the very next tab I've got Every Tear Is A Waterfall playing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyMhvkC3A84&feature=related). Nuffsaid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG so cool! I have happy tears! So glad people love Coldplay! Go Coldplay gang! *happy dances*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mevan WickremasingheNovember 22, 2011 at 2:57 AM

    I think after reading your post, I'll listen to them more... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Coldplay! Brilliant BAND!!!!!
    And awesomely written :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was not an ardent fan of cold play- but ur write up has forced me to thnk abt their lyrics in different light....#Excellently put across

    ReplyDelete