Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Let me Go!

The moment I reached the door of the strange house I knew something was wrong. The house was located at a wrong place, there was no light inside nor any significant sign of a living soul inside. Pitch dark. It was cute off from the vicinity of any city.

What occurs to me is why would I end up at a place like this? Very unusual and kind of creepy. If it wasn't for the cold wind that blew around so vigorously I bet I would have thought of this to be a dream. I stood out of the house for a while and tried to peek in to find any sign. All I could see was the white light of the moon reflecting from the stairs that led up with two separate flight of Stairs after the one that stopped at a Glass Window. From that Glass window is where I saw the white moon light reflecting and not reaching the dark room where I was looking from.

I took a deep breath, my hands and feet not coordinating for some reason. I just opened the front door which was strange because it was a slide door and how would I know how it were to open at my first attempt. Anything didn't make sense and I kept my calm and said to myself "One step at a time". For some strange reason my hands were numb and as useless as fake hands with no life in them. I tried to search for switch boards to see if there's any electricity in that old creepy house but every time I switched any button on, every click made one window close, freaked out as I was I stopped trying. "What the hell?" is what I had to say when I searched for my purse. My cellphone, chewing gums, money were all missing. "This is just stupid and not happening" is what I kept telling myself all the time.

I decided to move across the dark room and reach the hall that led to the flight of stairs. To my surprise this hall was beautiful. It was like out of all the rooms this wrecked house could hold, this was the only one that wasn't tearing apart. The furniture in the hall was covered with White sheets and the pale moon light set a very dramatic ambience. So I was just turning back to get out of the house which strikingly known for some weird reason, when I heard a very distant voice call out my name... I swear I felt a chill go down my spine when I heard my name. I did not want to turn but God knows why I automatically did and inspected around and saw no one. This just doubled my anticipation and I called back "Yeah? DO I know you?" The voice now came more clearer and from the glass window from where I could see the moon. It took me not one second to realize it was my Dad's voice, My Papa.... I swear I missed the first two steps of the stairs and jumped to reach out to him.. I couldn't believe I was meeting him.. When I Felt someone pulling my hand back .. I yelled and shrugged them once and climbed next 3 steps when I finally felt I saw my Papa smiling at a distance from the staircase where I stood and I threw my hands close in the air to reach him but someone just held me back so tight.

I kept begging and pleading to these people to let me go see him. I promised I'd be back for them but I couldn't see who pulled me down when I turned all I felt was a force pulling me back and on the other end my father looking at me with the most peaceful eyes and love, as amazing as he always was, full of life and full of spirit and joy. I kept stretching my hand ahead for some sort of miracle to happen so that I could break free and run and hug my Paa. Just one long hug would do the trick, just a little while to talk to him and know whether he was ok would do the trick. But why wouldn't these stupid people who held me back understand. I cried in fear and begged and pleaded to Let Me Go for sometime but they didn't let me and I kept telling my father to stay, please come back. He just stood there peacefully.

My heart was aching so bad I could feel my voice fainting and my stamina all gone, these people now pulled me down the staircase because of my lack of strength to fight back and out towards the door.. All the way I kept screaming my lungs out for my dad .. "Wait, please wait, Please..... Please ... just let me meet him...LET ME GO" and the next thing I knew was I was so scared and breathless and opened my eyes at 4 in the morning.


What? A dream? NO! Couldn't be it. I just unlocked my room's door and went out to the stairs and up and surely nothing happened. It was my house ofcoure. My Dog followed me where ever I went all around the house and licked my feet. I couldn't believe it was a dream. I was so close to meeting him. But if all that it takes is a dream to reach him.. I wish I slept always. I don't care the pain I feel after waking up but it atleast gives me a peace of my mind to know I saw him.. So close in person....

Dreams.... All that reality can't do to make you happy, a dream is all it takes to change that. I get a lot of weird dreams... Very weird and very random. But a few of these can really make peace with me. <3

Dedicated to my Papa <3 I'll always love you.

Peace,
XOXOXO

7 comments:

  1. "I don't care the pain I feel after waking up but it atleast gives me a peace of my mind to know I saw him.. So close in person...." is Speechless. You wrote after a long time, but came back with something very emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very moving post this time. He s always looking over you and I'm sure he knows that he's lucky to have you has his daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mevan WickremasingheMay 29, 2012 at 4:36 AM

    This is by far one of your best articles Hitu. I know your dad, wherever he is now, would be so proud of you and loves you very much. I just want to give you a hug right now. Please don't be sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sad! Just mentioned a dream :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could feel the emotions in this touching and heart wrenching.. some Dreams are so deep while we sleep without a hope .

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. its the best i have read till date... heart rendering is the word... i knew uncle for a very short time... but he had an air around him to make people love him at the very first go... made me cry reading this blog... its great.. *speechless*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww. This is a really beautiful and heartfelt post :)
    Stay blessed :)

    ReplyDelete